Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Shaw Family || Tree Branch Photography :: des moines, ia photographer



ok... so you know how if you were to meet a movie star, or someone really awesome, you would be so super excited and star struck? Weeeelllll, that was me a few minutes after I got an email from Kate. :) She mentioned that she knew a few families that I have done pictures for {there is this super awesome group of ladies that I have gotten to know in the Beaverdale area. Like really, super awesome. Such fun people! I'm thankful to know them all :)} and that she has been wanting to do pictures for a while, but its SO hard to fit it in the schedule. And THEN, she casually mentions that she owns Porch Light Antiques and I get SO excited. This is my FAVORITE store. Like, seriously. Fave fave fave. I felt like I was meeting a movie star ;) Anyway, enough of me jabbing about how much I love this place, and more of seeing her cute family, but if you're in the East Village of downtown Des Moines, take my advice and stop by. You won't regret it! 




{a few weeks after our session, Geoff and I were staying with the O'halls (one of those awesome ladies I mentioned earlier!) and Ruby stopped by to hang out with their youngest daughter (best buds, ya know?) Anyway, I opened the door and her face was priceless - she said "heey! You took our PICTURES! What are you doing HERE?} 




Isn't he the cutest? ;)  


We ended up having to reschedule for a few different reasons, so by the time we ACTUALLY had our session, it was too cold to be outside! We started in the Capitol City Hub, then braved the chilly wind for a few outside :)




Favorite <3 It was SO cold, but they all just look so fantastically happy :)






Doesn't Kate have the most beautiful hair? And if you love her wrap as much as I did, you'll really need to stop by Porch light ;)  




No comments:

Post a Comment