Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Matt + Erin {the wedding day} || tree branch photography :: des moines, ia wedding and engagement photographer

\\ Take my hand
I'll teach you to dance
I'll spin you around
Won't let you fall down \\

\\Would you let me lead
You can step on my feet
Give it a try
It'll be all right \\

\\The rooms hush, hush
And now's our moment
Take it in, feel it all, and hold it
Eyes on you, eyes on me
We're doing this right \\


Matt and Erin were married on a clear, impossibly gorgeous January day. The temperatures were warm, the joy was deep, and the love was true. They made their covenant before God surrounded by their dearest friends and family, and their happiness and and faith in the Heavenly Father that brought them together permeated the entire day. 

I met Erin when I was 15, when we were placed on the same team working at IRBC. We had a few connections, because she attended high school with my cousin Sam, but other than that we didn't really keep in touch until she contacted me about engagement and wedding photography last summer! It was so fun to hear from her, and the more she told me about the two of them, the more excited I was to capture their story.


Erin and Matt first met through a mutual friend, Jim. They were attending a concert in Kansas City, and Erin tagged along as the last minute. Erin says that she remembers the ride down being a tad bit awkward because neither Matt nor his sister were expecting another person, but by the end of the trip the chemistry between them was undeniable :)

I had such a fun time with Erin and Matt during their engagement session in the fall, and I was so thrilled that they would be my first wedding of 2015. 

We began the day at Erin's parent's home. This was the perfect place to start - surrounded by the memories and history of your family, while preparing to begin your own family!





Erin's dress was beautiful! Stunning, elegant, and perfect for her. 




Her flowers were gorgeous as well. The perfect accompaniment to a winter wedding!





Last touches...
and the last phone call with her beloved 
before she goes to meet him!



























Oh the joy!






Don't you know she is my favorite girl
I want to run away for days with her
And if you promise not to say a thing
I'm gonna buy that girl a diamond ring

I said oooooh
I think I love you
Oooooh
I think I love you I love you
My favorite girl






I told Erin that I was pretty sure Matt would want copies 
of these for his office ;) 


Snacks for the bride and groom from the wedding party :)



these two! I don't think they could get any sweeter. 


#weddingselfie












Matt and Erin invited their family and wedding party to surround them in a prayer of blessing and dedication. It was so beautiful and such a testamony to their desire for the beginning of their life together. 


and finally... husband and wife :)




I think this had to be one of my favorite moments from the day. Erin's maid of honor shared how she met Erin, and how their friendship grew, and I would bet there weren't many dry eyes in the house (at least mine definitely weren't!)
Such a blessing to hear how Christ worked through Erin and allowed her to shine His light to others! 



The rooms hush, hush
And now's our moment
Take it in, feel it all, and hold it
Eyes on you, eyes on me
We're doing this right

Cause lovers dance when they're feeling in love
Spotlight shining, its all about us
its all about us
And every heart in the room will melt
This is a feeling I've never felt
but its all about us

Suddenly, I'm feeling brave
Don't know whats gotten into me
Why I feel this way
Can we dance, real slow
Can I hold you, Can I hold you close

The rooms hush, hush
And now's our moment
Take it in, feel it all, and hold it
Eyes on you, eyes on me
We're doing this right




--> After the father/daughter and mother/son dance, the DJ invited all of the mothers and sons and daughters and daddies out onto the floor. Hans, the best man, definitly took the prize for the youngest dancer. At two weeks old, she won't remember her first father daughter dance - but I'm betting her daddy will. 



Congratulations Matt and Erin! Can't wait for the two of you to experience the blessing of marriage, and I will be praying for you!

Love, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment